Apply be a TA for UAR 194A/B
Teaching Assistants play a critical role in facilitating and executing the UAR 194A/B course sequence. TAs are experienced co-leads who understand the curriculum deeply and are eager to stay involved with the Frosh 101 and Transfer 101 program, facilitate group discussions, and act as a resource for the next cohort of co-leads.
TA Expectations and Responsibilities
- Attend TA Orientation late Winter quarter.
- Attend every designated class session of UAR 194A (Spring) and UAR 194B (Fall).
- For each course, work with a group of ~10 students and facilitate curriculum (e.g., guide discussions/activities, take attendance, etc.).
- Attend weekly TA prep meetings before class.
- Hold office hours (schedule determined with teaching team).
Eligibility and Compensation
- Any students interested in being a TA are welcome to apply; however, students who completed Frosh 101 / Transfer 101 and have previously been a co-lead will be given higher consideration for selection.
- TAs must commit to helping facilitate the in-person courses UAR 194A (Spring) and UAR 194B (Fall). Students who are away from campus for either quarter (e.g., studying away, on a leave of absence, have graduated, etc.) are not eligible to participate.
- TAs will be paid a $900 stipend per quarter.
- Determine if you are eligible and able to commit, and submit an application for consideration (applications will open late Fall, and results will be released mid-Winter).
- Selected applicants will be invited to schedule an interview with the program's leadership team.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!