How to be a TA for UAR 194 A/B
Steps to Apply
- Complete the application process to be a Frosh/Transfer 101 co-lead, and successfully lead a Frosh/Transfer 101 section in the Fall
- Review the description of the TA position to learn more about the opportunity and determine if you are eligible and able to commit. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Submit an application with your answers using the form linked below. We recommend that you draft answers outside of the form and then copy and paste. If you have technical problems at the midnight deadline, you can email your application answers to the Frosh 101 Program Coordinator, Steven Doan (email@example.com) directly. *Note: The application is currently closed, and will reopen in Winter 2022.
- Selected applicants will be invited to schedule an interview with the Frosh/Transfer 101 Leadership team
TA (10-15 positions)
TAs are experienced undergraduate co-leaders who are familiar with the Frosh 101 curriculum. The TAs facilitate group discussions and act as a resource for students in the class. TAs are hired on a quarterly basis, and have the potential to carry over multiple quarters depending on availability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with a group of 10+ students in the course (UAR 194A/B) and guide them through the weekly co-lead training
- Attend every designated class session of UAR 194A/B
- Hold office hours for your assigned group outside of class
- Attend weekly prep meetings before class and assist with tasks for course set up (i.e. distributing materials in class, taking attendance, technology set up)
- TAs are paid a stipend of $900 per quarter